Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Facing up to Fatness.

Most days, I don't think about the size and shape of my body. Not consciously at least. But this month I had to buy a formal gown. The shopping experience left a lot to be desired -- and I think that's a kind way to say it. I felt frustrated and very unwanted, but at the end, I had two lovely dresses.

Last night, I did the necessary alterations on the full ball gown and tried it on. I asked hubby to take a photo, which he did. I looked at the photos and my first thought wasn't, "good, it does fit" but instead, "hell, I look fat."

And tomorrow, I will be sitting in a room full of people thinking just that. It sucks, I hate it, but I can't escape it -- not immediately anyway. So, it's back to portion resizing and all that stuff. Again.

No comments: