Saturday, May 14, 2005

Typical Saturday

Today was probably fairly typical for a weekend. I started with a big brunch: two eggs (fried -- in a nonstick pan -- over easy), grilled tomato, a small serving of hashbrowns, fried onion and mushrooms, and two slices of ham. To drink I had 6 oz of orange juice and two large mugs (12 oz each) of coffee. Since I had a big brunch, lunch was just a slice of toasted bread with "lite"strawberry cream cheese. Dinner was onion soup followed by grilled Basa filet with grilled mixed vegetables and a small slice of garlic toast; more coffee to drink. Later I made oatmeal cookies (some plain, some with chocolate chips) and I had two.

While this is not an ideal day, it is typical for a weekend. I am aware of what I should be eating, but I do let my portions get away from me. It's better when someone plates my food than when I am able to get seconds -- as I did not orginally serve myself the second egg or second slice of ham.

No comments: