Tuesday, July 05, 2005

It's so easy to drift.

It's really easy to drift back to bad habits. This time, it was a change in my work schedule. Suddenly I had to eat breakfast earlier (much earlier) than I was used to which meant my whole hunger cycle was thrown off. My response was to grab what I could when I felt hungry. More often than not that meant grabbing a muffin or (worse!) apple fritter with mid-morning coffee. Ack. Thankfully, I haven't regained too much, and it only took me a month to figure out that I had strayed.

2 comments:

Mrs Robot said...

Parlty motivated by fact that I have a tendency towards horizontality and/or severe snappiness when the ol' blood sugar is low (just ask Tim :D), my desk drawer is crammed with good snacks. This stops me heading for the cake cabinet at the local cafe, because given a choice between not moving, keeping the wallet closed and eating some tuna or a five-minute walk, expenditure and a muffin I'll choose the former 9 times out of 10. Maybe that could work for you.

The drawer contains rice/corn cakes (the ones like drink coasters), small tins of tuna, dates, cashews and some yoghurt in the fridge.

Unknown said...

Oddly, I had a stash of such things in my locker at the previous job because more often than not, the choice was locker stash or vending machine. When I moved to the new office, I took the locker stash home. I will consider re-stocking it with sensible snacks.